2.12.2011

Carrot-Ginger Dressing

If you are as in love with Japanese food (fried and raw) as I am, you must try this recipe.  You know those salads you get before your meal with the miso soup with the orange dressing? I FOUND THE RECIPE! Ask Bobby, I totally freaked out and I'm pretty sure I've eaten it every day since I found it. It is super easy to make, stays well in the fridge, and it is super healthy witch gives it an extra point in my book. The recipe is from Gweneth Palthrow's blog Goop. If you haven't checked it out before, you can get the recipe here.

I made some minor changes to her's and you can find the original one on her site from the link above.

Ingredients:

  • 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1/2 of a large shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
  • 2 tablespoons sweet white miso
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seed oil
  • 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or any other light flavored oil)
  • 2 tablespoons water

1. Pulse the carrot, shallot and ginger in a blender until finely chopped.
2. Scrape down the sides, add the miso, vinegar and sesame seed oil and whiz together.
3. While the blender is going, slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil and the water. (My processor doesn't work like that so I just add in the oil and water together, then process).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...