3.18.2011

Changing Seasons


Spring is upon us and oh how refreshing that is, especially because spring is one of my most favorite seasons!  I love the anticipation of spring time as you slowly enter into longer, sunnier days with warmer weather approaching. You can always tell this fabulous season is almost here when tree buds start to make their debut.  Watching them unfold into beautiful blooms makes me down right giddy because I know spring is right around the corner... not quite here yet, but almost... the preparations have begun.

Have you ever noticed how if you look back, you could probably identify all the spiritual season you have gone through; what kind of season, what was going on, etc.? Or maybe even while your in the middle of the season? I could tell you every one I've gone through in the last few years, easily.  I knew during the last few months that I was in the middle of a darker more difficult season; I knew God was doing work, but I couldn't see it and I felt very lost.  I like to think of it as being in a dark room, knowing the light switch is around there somewhere but you can't find it, so you continue to seek and seek until you do and the light is revealed.

Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordan-- The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.
Isaiah 9:1-2

In the middle of the dark messages of gloom, doom and destruction, Isaiah sounds forth the hopeful call that the light is coming.

A few days ago I experienced something new to me, the anticipation of a new season approaching, that the light is coming.  As I was driving along doing some errands after work, I noticed the beautiful blooms on the trees starting to make their appearance.  It was still a little chilly, but at 6 o'clock in the evening, you could still feel the sun's warmth and all I thought was "ah, spring is almost here"!  At the same moment I felt my eyes just open up, like God had removed a veil that was over them and I could see clearly.  All of this struggling and searching I had endured was preparing me for this new season. I could literally feel myself taking the first step towards it, not completely there yet, but consumed with this anticipating feeling that, it's coming

I've never experience "entering" a season before and it is amazing. I feel so refreshed and overwhelming with peace.  I can hear God saying to me, just as you continued to seek me in those dark days, continue to do so, even more, through this bright new season. I know He uses these changing times to work out His character in us and bring us to maturity and I'm about to burst with excitement to see His plans begin to unfold.

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 9:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...