9.27.2011

Summer Travels

This summer absolutely few by! With all the moving and job changes we've had going on, we still managed to cram our summer full of weekend trips. As I sit here on this chilly morning, curled up on the couch (freezing) in my sweats and a blanket, I thought to myself, what better way to celebrate the first days of Fall than to relive all our summer travels! (Maybe it will help warm me up?)

We started our summer off moving downtown in June. You can take a look at our work in progress home here. It was the longest days of my life but I love our little bungalow!


A week later we managed to squeeze in a quick friends weekend at Phil and Alex's lake house. It was awesome catching up with a few of our close friends, getting some sun, and decompressing from starting a new job!






That same Sunday, my husband and I participated in our church's baptism celebration and were baptized. You can read more about it here if you missed it, but it was the most amazing experience of my life.  I would also like to say thank you for all your sweet words about our baptism and my story. You have no idea how encouraging your kind words have been, so thank you!


The following weekend we headed down to Gulf Shores to celebrate our friends birthday over the July 4th weekend. It was FABULOUS.  I love, love, love the beach and so this just made my summer.

Side story:  So Todd, Bobby and I headed on out Thursday afternoon after work.  We figured we would leave at 6, stop by our friends place in Birmingham on the way to see their precious newborn and still get down to Gulf Shores by 1am at the latest..... right.  First of all, we should have know then second we got to our friends place, we were not staying just for "15 minutes"... we were there for an hour, at least. I couldn't get over the cutest of their sweet baby girl!  Second of all, clearly we need to come to terms with the fact that we are not 18 years old anymore and cannot pull all-nighters. That was the most miserable drive EVER.  We headed out (after stopping at Chick-Fil-A of course) at about 7 and started our way to B-ham.  Got to B-ham around 10 or so and absolutely fell in love with the most precious little girl I have ever met in my life. Little Miss Veda Jane, Eddie and Laura's baby girl. She is the cutest little peanut and I am now determined to make her and my nephew fall in love one day so I can keep her in my in my life forever. =) Long story short, Bobby decided it was not necessary to listen to Garmin and did not take the detour which inevitably lead us into the worst traffic I've ever been in. It took us about an hour and a half to go 3 miles. We finally got to Gulf Shores at 4:30AM!!! Talk about exhausting. But, after taking much of the day to rejuvenate (and sun tan), the rest of the weekend was very enjoyable.

Here's the weekend in a nutshell:

4am beer toast. We actually made it.
 BFF's.


 Boat ride with Cullen.



 BEACH!

I married such a funny man..

 The reason we were in Gulf Shores.. Happy Birthday Kate!!!

 The crew:

 Our very own limbo party.

 Happy July 4th!

 Boat ride at sunset.

The following weekend was our 1 year anniversary. =) We ended up spending the evening prior on the couch eating Chinese food watching movies. It was wonderful.  On our actual anniversary the following day we witness two of our friends say I do. It was so great to hear the same vow's we took exactly one year prior.  Such a sweet reminder of the one and only reason for marriage-- glorifying our Lord! It was such a beautiful wedding, not to mention great music! ;)

Year 1! Yay!



Husband and wife!!

A few weeks later we had the privilege of witnessing yet another amazing couple say I do! Our friends Mallory and Barrett tied the knot in Macon, GA the last week of July. The wedding was gorgeous and it was so nice to see our entire crew all together again. I love this group! Here's a quick recap:

Here comes the bride.

Saying I do.

Husband and wife!

First dance.

Father daughter dance.

Then the mother and groom took the floor.

Girlfriends!

Bobby's parents were there too!

Hey friends!


See ya!

The following week, Bobby and I flew out to Jacksonville, NC.... pretty much the middle of no where on the coast of North Carolina (Emerald Isle area).... to visit my sister and her husband and THEIR NEW BABY!! I am so in love with this little man, it almost makes me nervous. If I am this nuts over my nephew, I can only imagine how things will be when we have our own kids... we shall see...poor Bobby. =) Anyway, little Jack was born in June, and yes, I did post about it. =) His newborn pic looks SO different than how he looks now it's crazy! Check it out

Sorry I keep getting off topic, but the main reason we flew out to Nowhere, NC was for his christening.  Anywho, we were bff's right when we met. He was such a cuddle bug, or tree frog as my sister says. He is most content cuddled up to you which was a-OK with me. They also asked me to be his godmother! Best decision of their lives however, that poor child is going to be sick of me by the time he is 5. Hah! Here's how the weekend went:
















We finally ended our "summer travels" labor day weekend in Atlanta.  We spent time with Bobby's family as we celebrated his sisters 18th birthday and spent a day catching up with old friends while cheering on the Bulldogs



It's so fun to look back and reminisce, even when it's just over the last couple of months.  That's one of the reasons I love having this blog.  Looking back and really taking in all the wonderful blessings God has given us; from the big big things like being baptized to a simple afternoon hanging out with old friends.  It helps me to just "be" and take it all in.

I love love loved summer, but I am definitely ready now to embrace fall as it comes rolling into music city.    

1 comment:

  1. love the summer recap! Don't worry, Veda Jane will be in your life forever, even if she never meets your nephew. because she came to see her when she was 5 days old!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...