11.21.2011

Happy Monday My Friends


Happy, happy Monday my friends! =) Why so cheery on this rainy and dreary Monday you ask? It's a 3 day work week! Whoop Whoop!!!

Hopefully you all have some wonderful gatherings planned for this Thanksgiving weekend. Our plans every year (the past one year..) involve heading back to "the retta" (Alpharetta, GA) where both our families live.  Knowing how distracted I get when I go back home, I know I'm not going to post again until maybe Sunday night so I thought I should probably go ahead and post about Thanksgiving today...

So like I was saying, both families live in the same area so we always split the day between the two. As hectic as the preplanning portion of that can be, once we get there it is so awesome getting to spend every holiday with both families.  My parents spend Thanksgiving with 4 other families we're super close with (one of which was my dad's college roommate!).  I absolutely love this group like they were my own family and they are absolutely a hoot to hangout with.  Bobby's family always spends Thanksgiving at his Nana's (grandma). I must say, I LOVE THIS WOMAN. She is so sweet, so funny and most of all so loving! She has treated like one of her own grandkids since they day we got engaged (maybe even a little before that). ;) That said, we made sure to prepare for our busy weekend by doing absolutely nothing this past weekend (and by nothing, I mean doing mounds of laundry). Bobby actually took a picture of it... that's how behind we were in doing laundry. He was so astounded by the heap of clothes he was inclined to photograph it.... ! I should be embarrassed right? He wanted to post it on Facebook but I had to explain to him how mortifying that would be for any girl, especially his wife, so obviously he did not. I could go into a whole list of excuses about how busy we have been and blah blah blah (even though we really have been!) but the truth is we got lazy, and frankly, I hate loathe doing laundry. ANYWAY.

Heading into this delicious day of giving thanks, I wanted share just a couple of thing on my heart I'm thankful for this holiday season... I am thankful that our families live so close to each other that we can spend every holiday with the people we love. I'm thankful for a husband who loves my family as much as I love his. I'm thankful for this beautiful marriage I have been blessed with. But most of all, I'm thankful to be eternally, unconditionally loved by an amazing God and beyond thankful that His love cannot be removed from me under any circumstances and by no power.

Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8: 38-39~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...