2.20.2012

Lately


Hey friends! I'm blogging from Wisconsin today! I'm working up in Germantown/Hartford area for the week. It is entirely too cold here for me, but I've enjoyed what I've seen so far!

Things around here have been busy lately, too busy to sit my buns down and write out a post I'm sorry to say.  That doesn't mean tons of ideas and thoughts haven't been swirling around in my head.  I find I always have the best thoughts when I'm lying in bed at night, but it's always too cold and I'm too lazy to get out of my warm bed to write them down...

Anyway, in the middle of our "winter" I found myself quickly slipping back into the funk I found myself in last winter.. yikes! The good thing is that I think I recognized it pretty quickly and was very open about it to my husband and friends in hopes of prayers, encouragement and love.  It's so easy to let life take over our schedule and mind without realizing.  Some how I went from being intentional about reading each day to not even cracking open my Bible for days... from praying each evening before bed to passing out the second my head hit the pillow.

I feel extremely blessed to have a husband who loves me through these small struggles. Who encourages me to let go of myself and seek Christ first so I can go back to being the godly woman he knows I can be (or am trying-through the help of my gracious God-to be). 

For weeks now we have been having conversations about letting God take over and to quit trying to do it myself.  What the heck does that even mean??? I mean honestly, have you ever thought that before? Let me clarify: I know that means giving God complete control over your life. I know that means trusting in HIM to lead your every step.  I know that means trusting that HIS plan and 100% better than any plan you could think of. I know. But there is difference between knowing and living it out and that is place I have been stuck in.  Letting that knowledge bleed into your everystep of the day, from opening your eyes at the sound of the alarm in the morning, to lying down at night and everything in between.  I found myself asking, how do I fulfill my daily responsibitilies at home and especially at work and still let go of all control? I do I let go but still meet the worldly (corporate world) expectations I am being asked to meet? How? How? How?

Well let me just start the answer to this with the statement that God is GOOD and He will open your eyes and ears in HIS timing. Yes He will. He has been so faithful in opening my eyes to see one baby step at a time and it's all be through prayer {insert "duh" moment here}. =)  I've been reading Francis Chan's "Forgotten God" and it's been an awesome supplement and I highly recommend it to EVERYONE. 

In my reading today (John 14-16) I was reminded yet again that no matter what direction I feel the world pulling me in, I can find peace and clarity in Him.

Jesus answered them, "Do you now believe? Behold, an hour is coming,
and has already come, for you to be scattered, each to his own home, and to
 leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. 
 These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In
 the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."
John 16:31-33

Thanks for listening to the ramblings of my inner mind. =) I'm off to bed now (totally should have been in bed 2 hours ago) beacuse I have to be up at 2:45AM for work!!! WHAT!?!?! I know.

Oh, and stay tuned; my friend Cara has tagged me in another blog tagging game. More on that later this week! =)

1 comment:

  1. At the risk of sounding creepy or cheesy, your approach to your relationship with God is so encouraging to me. Without writing out a straight up novel ill leave it at that and also say that I needed to hear this verse tonight. Love the timing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...