2.09.2012

Thank You Pinterest

 "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God." {Micah 6:8} 

Another fasination that I know I share with many of you is Pinterest. =)  Pinterest and I have a love/hate relationship.  I love the creative and beautiful things I find on there/ I hate that I don't even realize when hours have passed and I'm still sucked in...

Not all these hours have been lost though.  I did find a couple of things worth trying and I must say, I am pleased with how they turned out.  I found this super cute painting a mother and her son made using parts of the Micah 6:8 scripture verse.

via
I don't have children yet and when I sized my hands and feet up to the 8x10 frames I had lying around well, it just didn't look the same... (although I'm sure my size 6 feet come close to the size of her son's feet..).

Instead of one canvas, I opted to use 3 8x10 frames I have that weren't being used.  I bought white card stock at Target for 99 cents and a sample of a grayish white paint from Home Depot for another 99 cents. {JACK. POT.}

Paint the card stock and let dry.
*(Note to self: put tape at the back or weights at the edges after it has dried a bit to prevent the edges from curling up).

Then I created a sample of my picture on the computer (in an 8x10 format) and printed to use as a template. 

Now for the labor intensive part of the process...

Being extremely OCD and refusing to have to re-do anything, I used a razor to cut the letters from the paper to create a stencil.
*(Note to self #2: Use cardboard instead of paper or glue the paper to cardboard after printing to avoid the paint fully saturating the paper...)


Using a mixture of black and antique white paint I had extra of- I created a soft gray for the lettering.  Next place the paper stencil over the painted cardstock and hold in place with tape (sorry I didn't take pictures of any of this).

Using a sponge (or paint brush depending on the look you want) fill in your lettering.

I quickly (and super carefully) peeled off the stencil when I was finished so I could fix some of the damage that was done from paint seeping through the paper... =)  It wasn't as bad as I thought. I just went over it with the base color.

Once everything completely dried, I put the paintings in frames and hung them on the wall in our dining room along with a few black & white photo's to create a small collage.

Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...