3.13.2012

Weekend Recap & DIY Home Fragrance

This weekend we were finally able to slow down from all the traveling we'd been doing (mostly separately) and spend some much needed quality time together to just, be

Friday night was an impromptu date night to Yazoo, a local brewery here. We treated ourselves to a few beers and I talked Bobby's ear off {typical}.  I actually asked him if it is super annoying when I babble on because I think it would be, but he insisted he actually enjoys it. Hahah. What a guy. Anyway, Yazoo's new dark beers for this season are seriously delish and one is called Spring Puppy which made us both laugh out loud every time we said it.



Saturday afternoon was filled with absolutely nothing. Seriously. We didn't change out of our pajama's until about four to go for a run. It was awesome. 

Saturday night we went to a house concert our friend Larry hosted on behalf of his new venture, Cause A Scene Music, which highlights new artists and bands in the Nashville area.  This particular house concert featured The Vespers who are my new obsession. They are a young band made up of 2 sisters and 2 brothers who have found a way to mix folk, pop, bluegrass and roots music with beautiful spiritual touches and jumbled it all up into something that is truly amazing.  Music to my ears.  You should check them out.
This week we're preparing for some visitors {Bobby's cousin tonight and his parents this weekend!} and of course my birthday! More on that later.

Side note {that will delight your nose hairs}: With Bobby still out of town, I decided to get started on my spring cleaning last week.  In the midst of my cleaning frenzy, I tried out a DIY stove top potpourri I found on Pinterest and oh my, I'm in love. I wish you could insert smell somehow on the Internet because you need to know how amazing this stuff smells. It's a simple concoction of lemon, vanilla, rosemary and water.  All you need to do is combine all the ingredients and simmer on the stove. Done.
via
You should try it.
That's all.

3 comments:

  1. ooo I'm trying that stove top house potpourri!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delishhhh - definitely trying it!
    Looks like you've been having fun my friend!! PS you should link your email address to your blogger profile so I can respond to your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That email thing sounds fancy.. I'm going to have to figure out how to do that... thanks girl!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...