7.15.2012

Decorating with Shutters & Window Frames

We've been in our new place for a couple of months now and I am finally starting to get a vision for how I'd like to decorate the last few blank walls, thanks to Pinterest of course.

The first project will be the tiny wall behind our front door.  I love our cozy little one bedroom apartment, but  it definitely pushes me to be creative with storage.  We don't have a place to put shoes, or my purse or keys or mail which can make this little place seem quite cluttered.  I stumbled upon this gem on Pinterest and I'm pretty sure it is the answer to all my clutter problems.

via
I know what you're thinking. Genius.  Me too.

I love the "s" hooks used to hang the keys.  I'm thinking about using small antique looking knobs?

via

 I especially love the old wooden box below for shoes. Maybe then I won't trip over shoes lying in the middle of the living room floor...

via

Here are a few others I found that I really like:

via
I love the monogram at the top. So simple and pretty.

Or a burlap bow maybe?
via

Love, love the chalkboard paint on the bottom!
via
This might be my favorite idea. A wire basket would be great for all our mail.

via

Next up is this huge wall behind our couch.  I love the high ceilings in the living room but it does make a big wall like this seem that much more empty.   My inspiration for this wall, again, came from Pinterest. I just don't even know how we got by without it before... =)

                           I love the separate black and white photo's behind the individual windows. 

via

We have both of our parents and grandparents wedding photo's so I'd really like to do something like this with one of the window frames:
via

I also love the look of one big picture behind the entire frame like this one:
But maybe not of a picture of us about to eat each other's faces...
#awkward #we'renotmodels
via

Because the wall is so large and the ceilings are so high, I think I'm going to have to do more than one frame to fill it up. My thought is to use 3 window frames, one long and skinny one and two square.

via

Our walls are a neutral beige color so I'm pretty sure I'll need to paint the frames and I'm thinking of using a light gray color. We'll see.

We were out of town this weekend but I have plans for the next 2 weekends to scour some antique shops and the flea market here for window frames and shutters.  Hopefully I find what I'm looking for!

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl I have tons of burlap ribbon if you want it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of those ideas! It'll be fun to see what you actually end up doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...