7.31.2012

Summer Vacation Photo Reel

What better way to recap a vacation than through photo's?

After BFW {Buckley Family Weekend}, we spent the rest of our week on good 'ole Long Island with my dad's family.

Love. That. Place.

It holds a very special place in my heart.  Both my parents are from there, 80% of our family lives there or near there, we vacationed there when I was younger every summer, and we even got to live their for a few years in middle school and high school.  Even though I now live in the south (and love it), I am definitely a New Yorker at heart- totally channeling my inner Snooky while I'm there (just kidding- kind of..).  Oh, and yes, I'm also a Yankee's fan.


Our first night at my aunts, we had a small post-birthday celebration for Jack after Jenn {sister} announced that he was going to be a big brother! Wahooooo!!


That's my Nanny {dad's mom} with Jack. It's hard for me to put into words how much I love her.  She is amazing. Just amazing.


The next day Jack entertained us for hours we soaked up some much needed sun at Jones Beach.

Jenn and Andrew.. totally rocking the zinc nose look. So special. =)

Jack with his Nona.

I am obsessed with him.
cheeeeeeeeeese
It was so sunny but jack refused to keep his hat on. So, Papa stepped in to shield the sun for him...naturally.

And then this walked by...
Random.

Doesn't this photo just make your heart melt!? He loves his mama.

And proved that by showing us how good he is at giving his mom kisses by eating Jenn's face. =)

A peace offered for Uncle Bob after waking him up from his nap.

The girls. =) I love my family!

The cutest little family. Ever. Look at that face!

Strolling down to the water with Uncle Bob.

And last, taking a swim with Papa.

We had a nice little BBQ at my aunts on the Fourth of July (where I ate my weight in amazing food and pastries) followed by crazy fireworks in the neighborhood. They don't mess around. 



mom and dad





We took a cousins trip back to the beach the next day and finished off the week with a little fishing at the pier.


An entire table of absolute deliciousness.



This was Bobby's attempt at catching us some dinner.

While Jack and I relaxed.

Another attempt at catching dinner.

River wasn't too sure about those crabs..


We also learned that Jack really loves soft serve ice cream but lets be real, who doesn't?

He spent the majority of the time at the pier playing with the water faucet.



Then Nanny showed us how she can put a crab to sleep.

Works like a charm. That women has skills.


Trying to get Jack to walk by himself..


Amazing week, amazing family.  Makes me want to go back and do it all again.

Anyone else a little sad July is already over??? Where has the summer gone?

This is crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...