9.04.2012

Labor Day Weekend

It was a stormy and gloomy Labor Day weekend here in Nashville this year {sigh}.

Lots of friends were in town, we had plans for a movie at the zoo, food truck awards at the park, a date night at a vineyard and even a minor league baseball game.

Amanda's amazing weekend plans {0}, Hurricane Ivan's awful weather plans {1}. 

Our oh so rainy weekend started off with me deciding to schedule a last minute haircut and chop off my hair. I really had no idea my hair had gotten to the point that it looked like it was trying to eat my face, but apparently it did {see proof below} and my hairstylist concurred.  I told her I was ready to chop it off but had 2 stipulations.. 1. I can't look like I'm 13... I already look way younger than my age so I don't need my haircut making it worse {those of you who feel you could still pass as a preteen know exactly what I'm talking about). 2. I can't end up with my hair in the shape of a triangle.  My curly haired gals- you know exactly what I'm talking about. 

My stylist agreed and off we went cutting almost 6 INCHES OFF.  AH! I'm happy to have all the weight gone and am now just trying to figure out how exactly to style it when I only leave myself 2 minutes in the morning to do my hair....


It was crazy humid out which accounts for the INSANE curly mane...the picture kind of makes me cringe.

As for the rest of the weekend..

Instead of all the outdoor plans, Saturday night we hung out with our friends Matt & Sarah for a BYOM cookout (Bring Your Own Meat). Sorry to any vegetarians out there but it was a darn good time.


We did a little shopping on Sunday for Bobby's sisters upcoming wedding this month (more on that later-- and on the STEAL I got in Banana Republic).

Yesterday we decided to try out a new restaurant in Franklin, Puckett's Boat House. The food was delish as expected (They also own Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant, a must if you ever visit Nashville) and the decor was awesome.



 

Anddd that concludes our 2012 Labor Day weekend. 

Almost. 

We spent our Sunday night watching Father of Lights. Ever heard of it? No?? Allow me to enlighten you because it-will-change-your-life. Seriously. In a nutshell, it shows one person after another changed because of the power of God.  Maybe that nutshell wasn't enough to convince you to watch it so here is an excerpt about the movie from the writer and director Darren Wilson:

"Father of Lights is the final film in the Finger of God/Furious Love trilogy. It is big, epic, and above all, challenging. If I were to have to explain what it is about in a nutshell, I would put it like this: if Finger of God is about God’s power, and Furious Love is about God’s love, then Father of Lights is about God’s heart. I went into making this film by asking the simple question: who is God? I wanted to know His character, His personality, and who He truly is. To answer this question, we had to peel back the many layers of religious garbage that has been passed onto him through generations. That He is angry. Vengeful. Wrathful. And in general, that He doesn’t like you very much. The truth, as you will see vibrantly in this film, is that He is the most loving, compassionate, and wonderful Father you can imagine.
Along the way we will look at a number of things. Aside from dealing with some of the misconceptions surrounding the Father, we’ll journey through the nature of grace, take on the religious spirit, and see some of the most amazing God encounters ever put on film. You’ll meet people who love more extravagantly than you thought possible, will watch God deal with witch doctors and gang leaders and Hindu holy men, and you’ll see and ending that…well…let’s just say you’ll need to see it to truly believe it."
That last part is so true. You have to see it to believe. The miracles, the lives that are changed, the powerful ways that God works, all of it. Here is the trailer.. I dare you to watch it and not want to buy it. Won't. Happen.



Awe is probably the best word to describe my reaction to the documentary.  Complete awe of God's infinite power and his furious love for his children. This world and those in it are no match for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...