1.18.2013

High Five For Friday

I'm changing things up a bit this Friday and linking up with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk. The idea is to post about your top 5 favorite things from this week but the first thing that comes to mind for me is actually giving a high-five to the fact that it's Friday. Anyone else? Yes?... No?.. maybe it's just me.

Either way, the thought of highlighting positive moments from the week, even if it's been on of "those" weeks (which for me it kind of has), is what got me interested.  Not to mention I have a tendency to go a little over board in the sarcasm department which at times can lead to me just being flat out negative, so what a great way to combat that right? No one wants a Negative Nancy around, Positive Penny's only please.

So here they are.

1. Spending the weekend in Chicago with Bobby. I had never been and I loved it. There is just something about city living that inspires me.  All the people, crazy tall buildings, thousands of things to do all crammed into one place; it just oozes with energy and I eat it up.


2. Deciding to let go of my fears and be more open and honest on this little space here I've called my own. It was a refreshing and liberating feeling hitting the publish button on that post.


3. Game night with our young life team is always a highlight for me.  Such a fun night, even if the girls lose every. single. time... dang it.
4. Finally dealing with my commitment issues and submitted my order for a new blog design. Whoop whoop! And, all the missing pictures should finally be back this weekend too (insert huge sigh of relief).
5. After playing phone tag for what feels like months, I got to chat with my sister who is now only 2 weeks away from her due date with babe #2.  A pregnancy/life update, quick chat with my little buddy on the phone and receiving the cutest video ever of him wearing his back pack around the house babbling away made.my.day. Talk about a happy heart.


And, before I leave.. a very very very Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law, Casey! Things like this make me wish we lived just a little bit closer!! I hope you have the most wonderfully special Friday-Birthday you've ever had Case! ;) Love you!!



Have an awesome weekend friends!
  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...