10.04.2013

7 more weeks.. how did that happen?!

It's been a quiet season for me in the blogging world the last few months.  I'm not upset about it, just observing.  It's been a nice break and we have been super busy so there hasn't been much time anyway.  I do still love it though.  I've mentioned many times on here how it helps me to slow down and reflect on everything going on in our life and God has put it on my heart lately to return to that during these last 7ish weeks of pregnancy.

In addition to that, I recently had a conversation my sister who pointed out that her and my mom were a little upset I never send "bump" updates out to the family like we all hounded her about during her last two pregnancies.  As she was telling me this, I realized that I was the one who gave her such a hard time about it. #oops So, here is an update on the last 8 months with some pics that may or may not have the correct week attached to them because well, I don't have a brain anymore so your guess is as good as mine! :)

First Trimester. 

It was rough to be completely honest. I've already mentioned the lovely morning sickness I experienced along with unimaginable fatigue. Pairing that with a full time job made those 12 weeks really difficult and not extremely productive.  It was also really strange not looking pregnant but feeling very pregnant all at the same time.

Around the 10th week I noticed everyday I felt a little better than the day before, which was encouraging because I was starting to get nervous I was going to be sick the rest of the pregnancy and contemplated adopting the rest of our children.  Everything I read reassured me that the sicker you are, the healthier your baby... wives tale? Maybe. But it made me feel better. :)

Second Trimester. 

We traveled a lot so I feel like it went by super fast.  We found out our little babe is a boy in June and it definitely made the whole pregnancy feel a little more real. I started looking more like I was with child and less like I had just eaten a burrito too. That was nice.

We had our 20 week anatomy ultrasound during this time too and got to see our little guy in action.  It took the girl a little while to be able to get a good picture of him because he was trying to attempt a somersault while she was trying to get a good view at things.  Everything looked good except for his kidneys.  They were slightly dilated.  Our doctor didn't seem too worried about it and explained that it is actually somewhat common with male babies and should subside on its own.  For a couple of weeks I was worried.  The thought of something wrong with this helpless baby in my belly that I did not have ability to fix it was hard to deal with and scary but God was and is so faithful and has honestly washed away my fears and anxieties about it.

Exercise became harder, mainly because of my work/travel schedule, but also due to the added weight gain.  It was definitely harder than I thought it would be to get used to.. not the actual number on the scale but the amount of pressure it put on my joints... I feel like I have arthritis. Who knew. But, I've learned to take it easy when needed and I'm usually always on the go so it's been a nice change. :)

17 weeks


18 weeks
20 weeks

22 weeks
25 weeks
Third Trimester.

That was a bit of a surreal day when we realized we were in the home stretch of the pregnancy. In 7 weeks (more or less) we get to meet our little peanut. I find myself day dreaming about what he will look like, if he will have mine or Bobby's eyes, nose and mouth, if he will be bald or have a head full of hair and what his little personality will be like.  My belly has definitely grown and has a life of its own these days.  We were at a retreat for Young Life leaders a couple weeks ago and I met a girl who was 3 weeks ahead of me and I looked like I was at least 4 weeks ahead of her. Yikes! Her reaction was a little funny when I told her how far along I was, it definitely took her by surprise.

We had our 32 week ultrasound this past Monday to recheck the baby's kidneys and praise Jesus they have healed on their own.  It was such an answered prayer, I almost jumped off the exam table when he told us!  It was exciting to see how big he had gotten since the last ultrasound 12 weeks before too, she didn't have to zoom quite as much to get a good look at things.  We were told that he is about 4 1/2 pounds which doesn't really mean much since they can be off a pound or two anyway, but he definitely feels that big.  We also got an ok look at his chubby little face that I can stop staring at.  He is currently sitting breech with his face tucked into my right rib cage so we were only able to see half his face, but I'm already in love.  You could see his droopy chunky cheeks already and I love it.

28 weeks
30 weeks
32 weeks
Speaking of him being breech, in attempts to flip him around, we have been doing a lot of the techniques suggested by our childbirth class from SpinningBabies.com.  One of which you lie upside down on an incline of some sort (I've been using the ironing board for this).  I'll let you know how things go.. if anything it has provided Bobby and I with a lot of entertainment.

So there we have it.  Our pregnancy thus far. We are praying for God to continue to prepare our hearts and our home over these next two months and would appreciate your prayers as well!





1 comment:

  1. Excited for you two! You look great, too, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...