11.17.2013

Alpha. Christ Centered Childbirth Education

Alpha Childbirth.

It's a childbirth class (obviously) that we heard about through some friends.  Since both my husband and I have crazy schedules, we knew we wouldn't be able to attend any in class childbirth education week after week and so we were looking for some type of home study instead. That's when we found out about Alpha.  Have any of you heard of this before or used it?  From what we read on their site and heard from others, it seemed like your typical class that goes through all the in's and out's of labor and delivery and child care, but all through a Christian lens.

I won't go into all the details, but I will say that from the home study I feel educated and equip about labor and delivery. We are going to attempt to go med-free which is what the study focuses on, however, it still gives you all the information you would need to make an informed decision about pain meds and c-section should you need/want them or a situation arise where c-section is needed. BUT. In addition to all of this, at the end of each section there is a spiritual preparation portion as well as a daily devotional you receive with you study that have been my favorite part and the most helpful to me. You also get an audio CD of spoken affirmations and scripture for relaxation and meditation that have seriously rocked my world.  I think the most important thing I've taken from this entire study, is to invite my Creator into my labor and delivery. After all, he is the creator of all things and is the one who has knit this little life together in my body and when I think of it that way, it almost seems arrogant not to, you know?

All that to say, we have really enjoyed this study so I wanted to share a bit about it for any of you who are looking for a home study to use for your upcoming birth.  You can find more info on their website here or feel free to reach out to me, I'd be more than happy to go into more detail about what I thought of the home study. :)

"Pregnancy is spiritual battle ground, and it takes a tremendous amount of disciple and faith to rely on God's promises instead of the misinformation and empty lies of the world around you....'You are worthy, oh Lord, to receive glory and honor, for you created all things and by your will they were created and have their being.' (Rev. 4:11) ...allow your pregnancy and this new life to serve as a testimony to His grace and His glory. Allow people to see Him through you and this journey." -from the Alpha Childbirth Audio CD



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...