12.04.2013

It's go time.

If we're friends on Facebook or you follow me on Instagram this is so old news, but as of today, we are 9 days past my due date... so there's that.  It actually hasn't been as awful as I would have thought being past due would be but that may be because I still think the worst part of this pregnancy was late in the 2nd trimester when my body felt like that of a 90 year.. but I digress.

Tomorrow is officially induction day, unless our little man decides to come in the next 24 hours.. which I'm doubting.. I think his personality may be a bit like mine which means we will always be waiting on him and his sweet timing. :)

I'm writing this at 12:30 in the morning (forgot to click the post button :) ) which never happens but I think I have taken on a bit of insomnia in anticipation of our big day tomorrow.  There are still a few things I'd would like to get done around the house so it's nice he has decided to take his sweet time, but I am also so ready for him to be here with us already.

I've been having pretty consistent dreams about the birth and finally meeting him but I never really get a good look at his face and my heart beats out of my chest when I start to think about looking at my son face to face for the first time. I seriously can't wait.  I have been dreaming about what he would look like for the last 9 months... so to say I'm excited would be a huge understatement.

A few other things I'm looking forward to? Not wearing maternity clothes anymore.  Obviously this won't be an immediate thing (I'm not that naive people), but knowing that I'll be on my way to wearing pants that don't require a panel and shirts that don't need to be configured over my ever growing bump sounds kind of nice at this point.  Just being honest. Also, being able to breathe easy again (I've had crazy congestion these last few weeks that I'm pretty sure are pregnancy related) and to finally get to sleep on my back and stomach again (even if it is just for a few hours at a time) are at the top of my list as well.

Becoming a family of three and finally having our sweet boy with us totally trumps all of these minor perks that have come to mind and I am still in a slight state of disbelieve that this day has finally come.

We are all set up and ready to go in our room.  We are in a one bedroom apartment so there is no nursery which has kind of been nice because I think wanting to decorate it would have been extremely distracting for me and really bad for our budget. :) Anyway, we have our co-sleeper all set up and the changing table which is basically all he'll need for the next few months until we move.



The photo's were taken with my phone so they aren't the best quality but you get the point.

We plan on spending our last night as a family of 2 going to the movies and dinner and I plan on eating my weight in food since I am not allowed to eat after midnight. 

Next time I'm on here.. I'll be a mom! Wahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...