2.03.2014

Sweet Baby James

So there was this time when I was a blogger who posted things on her little space in the blog world every once in a while.  Then there was this time when I was pregnant which caused me to sleep all the time and suffer from major pregnancy brain so the posts became sparse because I would forget about the ideas I'd think of or choose to sleep instead.. :)  Then, there was this other time where I had a baby and lost all concept of time and spent my days staring into this little babes eyes instead of on this little blog. 

And that brings us to today. 

I still have this little babe (obviously) and still have absolutely no concept of time (if you think I'm joking, ask my husband...for the majority of the week, I thought it was 2013..what??) but somehow found myself in front of the computer taking a moment to say hello.

So, hello! It is refreshing to be back on here. I feel like the same me but completely different all at the same time... Being a mom is amazing and wonderful and hard and scary and I wouldn't change a thing.

Last time I was on here we were a day away from heading into the hospital to be induced and meet our little dude so without further adieu I'd like to introduce you our son, James Robert Cool:


I mean, I just want to eat his face. I may be slightly bias but he is the cutest thing I've ever laid eyes on! He is a month old in the picture above so let me back track a little.

We headed to the hospital early Thursday morning and I had my water broken around 8:30am.  I love this picture below because I feel like it captures how excited I am but also how completely oblivious I am to what is about to happen.. aka contractions. :)


James was born 20 hours later at 4:21a.m. He was a chunky monkey weighing in at 8lbs 6oz and was 21 inches long.  When the doctor told us his height and weight, I thought he was joking.  I am only 5 feet tall so I was in disbelief that I was carrying a baby of that size! I mean, he isn't a giant by any means, but both my husband and I were in the 7lb range when we were born so I was expecting a tiny little petite babe.


They had to run some tests on him immediately after he was born so we didn't do skin to skin until after they checked him out and I was stitched up but it was all so worth the wait.

 



 

After 3 days in the hospital, we finally got to go home!


First picture as a family of three! So thankful for our awesome nurse Deb for insisting on taking this picture and the picture above! She was amazing!


Looking back, there was a sweetness to the first few days at home that was just priceless.  There is just nothing like it.  Quiet.. Content.. Overjoyed.. Exhausted..

Bobby was able to stay home from work for a few days and the two pictures below summarize those days pretty well.  We basically just sat and stared at him all day long. :)



This is what happens when your husband is a musician.. ;) Starting him young.. 



He's going to be 2 months old this Friday which brings tears to my eyes (happy tears of course!).  There is a part of me that wishes he was still the tiny little newborn above, but then I'd miss out on all the smiles he's starting to give us and babbling conversations we are beginning to have and I wouldn't trade it for the world!


1 comment:

  1. He is precious! Love reading your blog - such a sweet family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...